Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Angry Robot Books to conquer Podcasts

~

Oh boy, just when I was wondering what to blog about [more like finding the time to stretch my ideas fully] and Lee Harris pops this announcement in the e-mail.

Exciting times!

Beginning in July 2010, Angry Robot will be broadcasting a new podcast series. Broadcast monthly, the 30-minute podcast will take the form of a joint interview with two Angry Robot authors or staff, along with genre and publishing news and a monthly competition to win Angry Robot titles.

The host and interviewer is Mur Lafferty. Mur is one of the world’s best-known and best-loved podcasters, and the co-author of the book Tricks of the Podcasting Masters. As well as hosting her own immensely popular podcast for wannabe writers I Should Be Writing, she was also recently announced as the new editor of Escape Pod – the world’s most popular short fiction podcast.

Mur commented: “One of the things I love most about podcasting is the chance to talk to so many talented authors. I’m thrilled to get the chance to chat with Angry Robot authors; it’s an honor to be producing a show for one of the newest and most exciting SF publishers around.”

The podcasts will be broadcast from the Angry Robot website, and will be downloadable as a subscription through iTunes. The first podcast interview will feature Angry Robot Publishing Director Marc Gascoigne and Editor Lee Harris, talking about the history of the imprint, the move to new partners Osprey, and the future. August’s guests are Angry Robot authors Lauren Beukes and Kaaron Warren – and you can believe that’s going to be an interview worth tuning in for!

I’m absolutely thrilled to have Mur onboard – along with my writing group, I’ve been listening to I Should Be Writing for years!


Now, I am not a great fan of podcasting per se, I generally don't have the time and my tendency to space out at all times makes it pointless a pastime for me to listen to podcasts. But as this is Angry Robot we are talking about, I am most interested in experimenting with the format.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I know a bit about Angry Robot but not enough to feel strongly about their upcoming podcasting.

Harry Markov said...

They have yet to enter the US market. They publish cross genre and I am quite thrilled with reading every title for their line-up.

Adele said...

Charles they will be hitting the US in a few months and they are wonderful.
Feeling much love to angry robot.