Friday, May 21, 2010

Reviewer Gig [Because I can't have too many]

~

As you [most likely not] know, I am the chief-editor of "Temple Library Reviews". Mind you, I am not running a professional website and I shouldn't really be using chief-editor, but it gives me some mean rep, so I will stick to the title. Recently I have announced my detachment from the blogging scene in order to recharge the batteries and get back in the game with replenished and amazing stack of content and properly healed vocal cords [to shout every post to the world].

However, I plan on a dazzling carreer as a freelanmcer [I sense that this is the new Internet version of the Gold Rush] and wanted to have my name attached to a magazine. I asked in my politest and sanest tone and voila, my reviews will pop up at:

[Link is in the image]

Innsmouth Free Press is a fictional newspaper publishing faux news pieces – lovingly called Monster Bytes – in a Lovecraftian/Cthulhu Mythos universe, as well as original short fiction stories. We also feature some of Lovecraft’s classic tales.

Innsmouth Free Press is a collaborative effort. We want readers and writers to help us map out and flesh out Innsmouth and the surrounding area, and to do it in epistolary form through news stories, opinion pieces, lifestyles articles, which blur the boundaries between fantasy and reality. Metafiction, if you will.

We also seek to publish short fiction inspired by Lovecraft’s writing, especially fiction that explores interesting, novel settings and characters juxtaposed with Lovecraft’s original fiction.

Our aim at Innsmouth Free Press is not to keep a static website that is updated with fiction every few months, but to maintain a breathing, energetic publication which evolves with help from the user; a publication where fiction does not take the shape of a self-contained short story.

In short, we’d love it if you would join us in this virtual playground. Many of Innsmouth’s streets and locations remain unmapped. Help us discover what lies in the shadows.

I am happy to be included into their team and get to work with people from all over the world. I have a thing for Canada [mapple syrup and lumberjacks] and I can sense that this will be a good match. I am just hoping that my schedule does not rumble too much.

6 comments:

Adele said...

awesome, what fun!!

Tessa said...

You busy-body! Looks like a great opportunity.

Charles Gramlich said...

Sounds like fun. I will definitely stop by.

Anonymous said...

This is great news Harry, I look forward to seeing your contributions.

ediFanoB said...

Congratulations Harry!
Fingers crossed everything goes as well as you want.

Harry Markov said...

Thank you guys. I find it a most enjoyable endeavor. We shall see, if I did not schedule myself into a commitment hell hole. But I think all will be okay.